1. Air Vice Marshal Akanbi Raimi SALAMI (NAF/2139) was born on 15 June 1966 to the family of Mallam and Mrs Suleiman Salami in Ilorin, Kwara State. He is from Ilorin West Local Government Area of Kwara State.He attended the Iwanu Nasir-Deen Primary School, Isale Aluko, Ilorin from 1972 to 1978 and Government Secondary School Afon, Kwara State from 1978 to 1983. The senior officer then proceeded to the then Kwara State College of Technology for his ‘Advanced Level’ studies from 1983 to 1985. Air Vice Marshal AR Salami was enlisted into the Nigerian Defence Academy as a member of 38th Regular Course in 1986 and was commissioned Pilot Officer with Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics in 1991. After his commissioning, he was admitted to the then Communications – Electronics School, 320 Technical Training Group (now Electrical Electronics Engineering School, Air Force Institute of Technology), Kaduna from 1991 to 1993 for Electronics Engineering Officers Basic Course. Thereafter, he was posted to the same School as an Instructor from 1993 to 1996. He was again posted to 325 Ground Training Group, Military Training School as an Instructor from March 1996 to September 1996. He was later posted to Air Force Military School Jos, also as an Instructor from September 1996 to May 1997. Prior to this appointment, he had completed a 6 weeks course in Educational Theory and Teaching Methods at the Institute of Education, University of Jos.
2. Air Vice Marshal Salami has attended serveal courses both home and abroad, these include:
3. After his Senior Staff Course, Air Vice Marshal Salami has served in various capacity in the NAF some of which includes:
DECORATIONS AND AWARDS
4. AVM Salami has earned several military decorations including
5. Air Vice Marshal Salami is married to Barrister Amina Abdulsalami and they are blessed with 2 children; Aliyu and Asma’u. AVM Salami has a number of hobbies. Prominent amongst these are playing golf, playing squash, reading and watching football.