1. Air Vice Marshal Saleh Moyi Shinkafi was born on 11 January 1963 in Shinkafi LGA of Zamfara State. He enlisted into the NAF as a member of University Cadet 2 on 1 June 1984 and was commissioned Pilot Officer on 13 August 1986. He was promoted Air Vice Marshal in November 2014. He is a Fellow of the West African Postgraduate College of Physicians and a Chief Consultant Paediatrician and Flight Surgeon. He holds a Masters degree in Defence and Strategic Studies.
2. The snr offr has attended several courses, some of which include:
a. Junior and Senior Staff Courses, AFCSC Jaji.
b. HIV Masters Trainers Course, South Africa.
c. Diploma Aviation Medicine, Aeromedical Institute Masroo, Karachi, Pakistan
d. Certificate HIV/AIDS Strategic Planning and Policy Development, Defence Institute of Medical Operations San- Antonio Texas USA
e. National Defence Course – National Defence University Islamabad, Pakistan.
3. a. Malaria among primary school children in Zaria – MBBS project – 1986
b. Traditional concepts of childhood diarrhea in Hausa-fulani community of Northern Nigeria – Nigerian Journal of Paediatrics – 1994 vol 21; 48 – 54.
c. Neonatal sepsis with necrotizing facilities. Annals of tropical paediatrics – 2001, vol 21, 91-93.
d. Low Birth weight in Zaria Nigeria: Incidence and Neonatal Evaluation – Thesis for the award of FWACP April 2001.
e. Global Population Growth – Thesis for the award of MscDefence and Strategic Studies at NDU Pakistan.
f. Military and Environment – A paper written at NDU Pakistan (Co – authored).
g. Global incidence of spatial Disorientation- Thesis for the award of Diploma in aviation medicine.
4. The senior officer has held several appointments, some of which include:
a. Medical Officer NDA Medical Centre Kaduna.
b. Commanding officer Clinical Wing, 161NAF Hospital Makurdi.
c. Commanding officer Clinical Wing, 463NAF Hospital Jos.
d. Senior Consultant Pediatrician, 161NAF Hospital Makurdi.
e. Coordinator TAC HIV/AIDS Control Programme.
f. Coordinator HIV/AIDS Control Programme at 463NAF Hospital Jos.
g. Chairman Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Project Committee, EPIC NMOD – USDoD HIV Programme.
h. Member OVC Board of Trustee EPIC NMODUSDoD HIV Programme.
i. Comd, 463NAF Hospital Jos.
j. Chief Consultant Pediatrician, 461NAFH Kaduna.
k. Comd, 063NAF Hospital Abuja.
l. Flight Surgeon, 461NAF Hospital Kaduna.
m. Comd, 561NAF Hospital Ikeja.
n. Director of Medical Services, HQ NAF.
o. Presently he is the Chief of Medical Services, Headquarters Nigerian Air Force.
5. Air Vice Marshal SM Shinkafi is married and blessed with 2 children. He loves reading, listening to music and caring for patients.