1. Air Vice Marshal Christopher Emeka Okoye was born in Maiduguri, Bornu State on 18 August 1962 but hailed from Ajanzo Nimo, Njikoka LGA of Anambra State. He attended Local Education Authority (LEA) Primary School Muri Road Kaduna from 1971–1976. Chris proceeded to Government Secondary School Daura, Kaduna State (now Katsina State) from 1976 –1981 where he obtained his WAEC “O” Level certificate.
2. After his secondary education, Chris was admitted into the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) and commenced cadet training on 8 January 1982 as a member of 31 Regular Course. He was commissioned on 22 June 1985 into the Nigerian Air Force. He obtained a Certificate of Education from the NDA in 1984 and a B.Sc (Hons) Business Administration from the University of Abuja in 2008 and Masters in Public Administration (MPA) from the Nigeria Defence Academy in 2013.
3. During his 31 years sojourn in the Nigerian Air Force, Chris attended several flying training courses. Some of these include, Primary Flying Training, Basic Flying Training, Tactical Fighter Training, Instructor Pilot Training and Transport Pilot Conversion Course. He has flown the following aircraft; Bulldog 123, L-39ZA, Alpha Jet, DO – 228, T- 72 aircraft (Test flight in USA), Diamond 42 (UK), T -38 Simulator (USA) and the ABT-18 aircraft. Chris is a qualified Instructor Pilot. Others courses Chris attended are Junior/ Senior Division Staff Courses at Armed Forces Command and Staff College (AFCSC) Jaji- Kaduna and National Defence College (NDC) Abuja. The officer also attended several workshops/seminars locally and overseas. These include: Negotiations Course, Peace Keeping under the Rule of Law (USA), Flight Training Conference (UK), Simulator /IP Refresher Training (UK). During the course of his career, the officer served in different units and held various appointments. The important ones are Administrative Officer Technical Supply Wing Air Weapons School (AWS) Kainji (117 Air Combat Training Group) from 1991 – 1993, Staff Officer I Operations AWS Kainji from 1993 – 1995, Staff Officer II Operations Headquarters Training Command Kaduna from August 1998 – February 2000, Military Assistant to Air Officer Operations (Chief of Training and Operations) Headquarters Nigerian Air Force Abuja from July 2001 – December 2003, Directing Staff at AFCSC from December 2003- January 2006, Deputy Director of Training (Air) Headquarters Nigerian Air Force Abuja from January 2006 – January 2009. Others are Group Safety Officer 401 Flying Training School (FTS)/Officer Commanding A Squadron Primary Flying Training Wing (PFTW) in the same unit from February – May 200; also served as the Commanding Officer PFTW 401 FTS from May – June 2009 , Acting Group Operations Officer from July to August 2009 and Commanding Officer PFTW from 5 October 2010 to November 2012. He served as the Command Training Officer at Headquarters Training Command Kaduna from November 2012 – 6 August 2013. He was Captain of Wuyep Lakeside Golf Club NAF Base Kaduna from 5 October 2010 –6 August 2013. He was the Commander, 301 Heavy Air Group NAF Ikeja from 6 August 2013 to 19 January 2015. He was appointed the Director of Training at Headquarters Nigerian Air Force Abuja on 20 January 2015. On 21 September2015, Chris was appointed the Deputy Commandant at the Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna. Chris became the pioneer Air Officer Commanding Special Operations Command Bauchi from 19 October 2016, until his present appointment as the Air Officer Commanding Training Command Kaduna.
4. It is important to mention that Chris has the following awards, Forces Service Star (FSS), Meritorious Service Star(MSS), Distinguish Service Star(DSS), General Service Star (GSS) past staff college dagger psc (+) and fellow defence college (fdc).
5. The senior officer is happily married to Mrs Faith Okoye and he is blessed with 4 children His hobbies/sports are travelling, squash,golfing, jogging, listening to good music and watching Football.