1. AVM SI Onuh was born on 30 August 1962 in Kaduna. He started his primary education at Army Children School 44 Comillar Barracks from January 1968 to December 1971 and completed at Holy Cross Trans School Okpolikpo Benue State from January 1972 to June 1975. He attended Mount Saint Gabriel’s Secondary School Makurdi Benue State from September 1975 to June 1980 before proceeding to enlist in the Nigerian Air Force as a Potential Pilot in July 1982.
2. AVM Onuh was commissioned Pilot Officer in the Nigerian Air Force on 9 August 1985. He has attended severally courses since joining the Nigerian Air Force. From August 1982 to September 1984 he attended the Cadet Military Training Course and Technical Course for pilots. Onuh commenced the NAF Pilot Training Course at 401 Flying Training School (FTS) Kaduna in October 1984 and became a graduate pilot on completion of the Basic Flying Course at 403 Flying Training School Kano in September1988. Thereafter, he attended Advance Weapons Course in Kainji on the Alpha Jet aircraft in 1989 and instructional Technique Course in April 1990.
3. Among the career military courses attended include Junior and Senior Courses at the Armed Forces Command and Staff College at Jaji and the National Defence Course Abuja. Onuh also attended several civil Aircraft conversion and training courses which include the Nigerian Civil Aviation Pilot License and the United States Airline Transport Pilot License ATPL.
4. AVM Onuh has held some appointments at unit’s level and HeadquartersNAF. These include Operations Officer C Squadron 401FTS Kaduna, Administration Officer Operations Wing 107 Air Maritime Group Benin, Safety OfficerNAF Detachment Monrovia and Lungi 1998 – 1999 and Staff Officer 2 Operations/Weapons HQ NAF 1999. In July 1999 Onuh was posted to the 011 Presidential Air Fleet Abuja as a Squadron Pilot and equally served as Staff Officer 1 personnel and Staff Officer Operations. He was also the Fleet Captain of both the Falcon 900B and DO 228 aircraft types at the same 011 Presidential Air Fleet and also the Fleet Operations Officer (FOO). Appointments held at HQ NAF include Director of Plans, Director of NAFTransformation , Coordinator Projects Implementation & Monitoring Team and Director of Evaluation. AVMOnuh is currently the Air Officer Commanding Mobility Command Yenagua, Bayelsa State.
5. Onuh has received severalhonors and awards in the NAF. These are the General Service Star (GSS), Distinguished Service Star (DSS), Meritorious Service Star (MSS) and Forces Service Star (FSS). He is a fellow of the prestigious National Defence College Abuja(fdc) and holds a Master of Science degree (MSc) in Strategic Studies from the University of Ibadan. He also holds the awards of Passed Staff Course(psc). He has flown quite a number of aircraft in the NAF inventory and other civil registered planes in the 011PAF. Aircraft types flown include the Bulldog 123, Aermachi MB 339, Alpha Jet, Dornier 128 and DO 228. Others are Gulfstream 5/550, Falcon 7x and Falcon 900.
6. AVM SI Onuh loves playing Football, Golf and Squash. He also loves watching movies on nature. Onuh is married with 4 children, one girl and 3 boys.