1. Air Vice Marshal Ibrahim Ja’afaru Yahaya was born in Sokoto on 16 January 1963. He hails from Keffi in Nasarawa state. He had his primary education at Abdu Zanga Primary School, Keffi between 1970 and 1976. He then proceeded to St John’s College, Jos for his secondary education from 1976 to1981. Thereafter, he proceeded to the University of Agriculture, Makurdi (former Federal University of Technology) in 1981 and was subsequently enlisted into the Nigerian Air Force on 1 Jun 84 as a member of the University Cadet Course 2. The officer graduated from the University of Agriculture in June 1986 as the best graduating student in the Faculty of Engineering with a B.Eng Degree in Building Engineering and Design (Second Class Upper Division). He is a member of Nigerian Society of Engineers (29971) and COREN registered Engineer (R27686).
2. He was commissioned flying officer on 28 August 86 with seniority in rank of pilot officer on 1 June 1984. The senior officer also obtained a Masters Degree in Business Administration (Finance) from the University of Maiduguri in 1994 as well as Masters in National Security and War Studies from National Defence University Pakistan. The officer attended a one-month Auto CAD Course at B+TIC Multimedia Graphisoft Business Partner, Lagos in May 2000 and a Conference on Globalization and Capacity Building in the Construction Industry of Developing Economies from 1 to 4 December 2003 at the University of Lagos.
3. Air Vice Marshal Yahaya has attended the following professional military courses since commissioning:
a. Junior Staff Course at Armed Forces Command and Staff College Jaji (JC40/1995).
b. Senior Command and Staff Course at Armed Forces Command and Staff College Jaji (SC24/01).
c. National Security and War Studies at National Defence University Islamabad, Pakistan (2011).
4. The Senior Officer has also held the following appointments since commissioning:
a. Officer Commanding Works/Resident Engr 105 Composite Group Maiduguri - 1986 - 1996
b. Ag Officer Commanding Supply Squadron 105 Composite Group Maiduguri - 1987- 1988
c. Ag Airport Commandant, Maiduguri Airport - 1990- 1990
d. Detachment Logistics Officer and Education Officer - 1990-1995
e. Officer Commanding Works Squadron, 453 BSG Kaduna - 1996
f. Officer Commanding Works Squadron, 107 Air Maritime Group Benin - 1996 - 1999
g. Acting Group Logistics Officer 107 Air Maritime Group Benin - 1998
h. Acting Group Personnel Officer 107 Air Maritime Group Benin - 1998
i. Staff Officer 1 Works Headquarters Nigerian Air Force (Directorate of Works) - 1999-2000
j. Officer Commanding Works 103 Strike Group Yola - 2002 - 2003
k. Acting Commanding Officer Base Services Wing 103 Strike Group Yola - 2002-2003
l. Acting Group Logistics Officer 103 Strike Group Yola - 2002 - 2003
m. Directing Staff at Armed Forces Command and Staff College Jaji - 2003- 2005
o. Project Monitoring Officer Headquarters Nigerian Air Force (Project Monitoring and Implementation Team) - 2006-2007
p. Chief Instructor Junior Division (Armed Forces Command and Staff College Jaji) - 2007-2009
q. Director of Works (Headquarters Nigerian Air Force) - 2009 - 2010
r. Defence Course at National Defence University Pakistan - 2010 – 2011
s. Director of Works (Headquarters Nigerian Air Force) - 2011 – 2015
t. Chief of Logistics and Communications (Headquarters Nigerian Air Force) - 2015 – 2016
u. He is presently the Air Officer Commanding Logistics Command Lagos.
5. Air Vice Marshal Yahaya is married to Mrs Amina Yahaya. They are blessed with 2 daughters and a son. He enjoys playing squash, watching documentary films, farming, reading and traveling.